Find Windows 2008 product key
We frequently find ourselves embroiled in certain technical problems, which might have simple solutions but due to our little or no knowledge in this field, we think of those problems as too big. Losing a product key is one such problem. Despite the fact that losing Windows product key may hinder our installation process, finding Windows 2008 product key is not too difficult. You have several solutions present. One of them is requesting a replacement key from Microsoft.
If you have your original disc, you can easily request a replacement product key from Microsoft for only $10. Your other two options are either using a free key finder program to locate your lost key or purchasing a new copy of Windows. However, Lazesoft Windows Key Finder can only work if you have Windows installed and running, and buying Windows is an expensive option. If you Windows is not running or break, you can use Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition.
The following steps can help you request Windows 2008 copy replacement product key:
- First and foremost, you need to determine whether your Windows copy is a preinstalled one of a retail copy. A retail copy is if you purchased Windows separately as a software package and then installed it on your computer. A preinstalled copy is if your computer came with Windows already installed on it.
- The next thing you should do is contact your software or computer manufacturer so that you can request for a new key if you have a preinstalled Windows copy.
- If your computer manufacturer hasn’t been able to help you then call Microsoft.
- Follow the prompts given by the auto-attendant so that you can speak to customer service representative about your problem and can request another product key.
- Then you will be asked to give your contact information which includes your name, email address and phone number. Then they will ask details regarding your problem. At that point you should tell the representative that you have an original Windows installation disk but have lost your key.
- After that you will be asked several questions related to the Windows disk you have, and you should answer all of them. These questions are asked so that Microsoft can ensure that your Windows disk is original and not pirated.
- Your credit card information will be taken after that so that you can pay for the costs that a replacement key may incur. You will be charged $10 for it
- Once you’ve paid through your credit card for the new key, the Microsoft customer service representative will read your new product key and you will be asked to enter it in the activation window so that a new installation code can be created.
- Finally, you will be transferred to the telephone based activation center by the Microsoft representative so that the Windows activation process can be successfully completed.
These were the steps to requesting a replacement key. However, if you have Windows preinstalled on your computer than all you need to do is download Lazesoft Windows Key Finder and through that program, along with Windows 2008 as well. It also offers several additional services that can benefit you in this problem of yours. So go ahead and download Lazesoft Windows Key Finder now.
More information about Lazesoft Windows Key Finder
Lazesoft Recovery Suite is easy to use, powerful boot disk design to Recover Data, Recover crashed Windows System, Recover Windows Password, Clone or Backup Disk, etc.
Free Windows Key Finder